WHO ARE WE?
MapUganda is a registered NGO working in and out of Kampala, across Uganda, and promotes community mapping,
generates map awareness, actively pledges open data sets and builds a network of enthusiastic mappers in Uganda.
All activities are set up around the global OpenStreetMap (OSM) project. OSM is a map and database whereby the
stored geographic data is owned by the contributors themselves: allowing everyone to view, create, use this
information for free, in new and innovative ways.
The mission of MapUganda is to have a vibrant OpenStreetMap community in Uganda: united,
organised and growing to assist, and get involved in National and global development goals.
To have a greater capacity for open data, open source, and applying these principles to assist organizations,
individuals locally and internationally to manage and solve social, economic and community challenges
- Integrity, Transparency and Accountability: underpin the approach of all organizational management, volunteers and support staff to their duties and responsibilities.
All personnel are expected to be truthful, reliable, and accountable for their actions.
- Teamwork: is key to the successful achievement of MapUganda’s endeavours,right from the sharing of a common vision,
mission and objectives, to the mutual support that individuals are expected to extend to one another to ensure cost effective implementation
of planned activities
- Excellence: High level of quality delivery in all MapUganda work.
- Flexibility: Responding to the evolving needs of our clients, donors, members and the international development
sector through ongoing activities.
- Equity: MapUganda shall not discriminate any employee on the basis of their nationality, gender, health,
and ability. Equal opportunities rights shall be emphasized and encouraged.
- To build a network of mappers throughout Uganda.
- To provide training and capacity building that will enable individuals and organizations manage social,
economic and community challenges.
- Set up programs to promote awareness of the organization activities among citizens
- To create opportunities for members in the network to engage in global sustainable development initiatives.
- To promote innovations from community members that will provide solutions to challenges in their communities
for social and economic development.
- To create resilient communities that can respond to local, national and global efforts that meet sustainable
- Take part and facilitate mapping initiatives within the East African Community, the African continent, and the
- Provide training in OpenStreetMap and open data.
- Providing training in cartographic tools and skills to businesses, universities, government agencies and NGOs.
Give your bit, help the community, Donate a little.